Easy Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Let’s make Easy Chipotle Chicken Recipe.
Chipotle Chicken Ingredients
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 7 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans drained
- 3 medium avocados cubed
- Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- Sour Cream
- In a bowl, combine chicken thighs, chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (with the sauce), cumin, salt, grated garlic, and olive oil. Mix thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the chicken has been marinated grease your grill and bring the temperature to high heat. Grill both sides of the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Let the chicken cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
- Build your burrito bowl with your desired amount of brown rice, black beans, avocado, chopped lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Then enjoy.
Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Let’s get started with one of the main ingredients in this recipe. And that is the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
So if you’re looking for this in the grocery store, it’ll be in the ethnic foods aisle. Um usually comes in like a 7 ounce can so this is something you cannot substitute. This is one of the most important ingredients here.
It brings out all that chipotle flavor. So no substitutions here so you want to open the can up you want to chop all those peppers roughly and then add it to about 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs and when you add the peppers in make sure to add in all that extra sauce that was left in the can make sure to add that into the chicken that’s a ton of flavor you don’t want to throw away.
Now add in 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 1/4 quarter teaspoons of salt, a teaspoon of cumin, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, now you want to mix all the ingredients really well together and then cover it with plastic wrap and then you want to let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
once the chicken has been marinated grease your grill and bring it up to high heat and then grill the chicken about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. once your chicken is done, take it off the grill and put it on the plate then cover it with foil and let it Rest for like five to ten minutes.
So all that juice gets absorbed back into the chicken. So it’s super juicy. So while your chicken is resting you can cut up your avocado, like half inch cubes.
Then now you can take your chicken out and start chopping it up into tiny cubes I mean you can really chop it into whatever size you want. I like mine in like tiny cubes. So once that’s all chopped up you can start adding all your ingredients into your chipotle chicken bowl.
So start off with the iceberg lettuce then add however much chicken you want. Add some black beans, cooked brown rice a salsa of your choice the chopped avocado and of course the sour cream.