Easy Chicken Curry Recipe – Homemade
When we talk about Chicken Curry Recipe, I think the best Chicken Curry is the simple, humble home-style Chicken Curry. And that’s our recipe for today.
Chicken Curry is an interesting curry and there are different recipes. Chicken Curry Recipe in Delhi is different than South, it has a different version in every State. This particular version is a typical Punjabi style Chicken curry. And it’s very simple.
- 1 kg – Chicken (whole)
- 1/2 – cup Curd
- 1 tsp – Garlic paste
- 1/4 cup – Oil
- 1 no – Bayleaf
- 4 no – Cloves
- 5 nos – Peppercorns
- Onion Chopped – 1 cup
- 1 tsp – Chilly powder
- 1 no – Green chilli
- 1/2 tbsp – Garlic paste
- to taste – Salt
- 1/2 tsp – Fenugreek Leaves Powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin
- 1 no – Black Cardamom
- 4 no – Cardamom
- 1 no – Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp – Turmeric
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp – Ginger paste
- 1 cup – Tomato chopped
- handful – Coriander
Chicken Curry Recipe
- To begin with, the Chicken Curry what you need is, of course Chicken. Fresh Chicken is the best Chicken, better than frozen. We add Salt in this Chicken. And try to use Chicken on the bone, you may use the boneless one too but the bones themselves have an intense flavor.
- Now we’ll add in this Curd. A little Ginger paste. Just very little. And little Garlic paste. Again very little. Now I’ll add a little Fenugreek leaves powder. And we keep this aside to marinate nicely. Keep this approximately For half an hour to marinate.
- That’s it, Now this goes over here. Pan on. In this goes oil. It’s time to add our solid spices, Bayleaf, Black Cardamom, a few Cloves, few peppercorns, Cardamom, and Cinnamon. Now we add Cumin, and then we add chopped Onions.
- Onions should be evenly brown, so make sure to evenly chop them too. Now. At this stage, lower your flame and we add Turmeric. A little extra Turmeric because I want that yellowish tone. A little red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, and very little Green Chilli. Give this a quick stir. And now we add in Ginger and Garlic paste. A little dash of water. Cook it till the oil oozes out and floats on the surface or can be seen on the sides.
- Oil is oozing out, at this stage we’ll add some chopped Tomatoes. Add Salt in this. Tomatoes have gone mashy and the oil is again oozing out. At this stage, we’ll add the Chicken on a high flame, just add all the chicken. Along with the Marinade.
- Now this will be fried. This is the most important part, don’t be in a hurry to add water now. As we need to fry it till it’s dry. So that it gets a nice robust flavor, after that, Water will go in this and make a good curry.
- Fry it nicely We haven’t added any water to this yet, the chicken and the yogurt are loosing their water. So it’s cooking in its own juices. Which is perfect. It’s nicely fried. At this stage, we’ll turn off the gas.
- And we’ll separate the chicken from our Masala. I’m doing this so that I can grind the Masala with that, I’m also picking out all the solid spices with that, I’m also picking out all the solid spices they have served their purpose. And when we grind it, we don’t get a very sharp spicy taste.
- We will puree this for now. We blend it. You can add a little bit of water. Then blend again. Add some water in the jar, and now again cook this entire puree in the pan.
- When the curry will get a nice boil, we will drop the chicken pieces and let them cook completely. I see a boil in the curry and we drop our Chicken pieces back into this. Now, just let it boil for one more time. And the curry will start to thicken up. In this goes chopped Coriander. And Chicken Curry is ready. Let’s plate it.