Barley Salad Recipe – Healthy & Easy Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
Food Recipe Shop
- Garlic Clove – 1/4 no
- Pearl Barley (boiled) – 1 cup
- Cucumber (diced) – 1 no
- Pomegranate – 1 Cup
- Walnut (roasted) – handful
- Onion (chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Pepper – to test
- Salt – to test
- Mango Puree – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Orange Segments – 1/2 cup
- Lettuce Green Leafy – handful
- Cherry Tomato – handful
Barley Salad Recipe
- For any salad, it’s most important element is it’s dressing. So, for our dressing today, I am going to use some garlic One – fourth of a clove of garlic, crush it completely and finely chop it. It has to as thin as this. I have to scrape it off from the chopping board
- We’re going to add it in a bowl. Now, we have some Barley, also known as Jowar, We are using pearl barley which was pre-soaked in water for around half an hour. And then simmer it in open water, until it turns soft, Drain the water and cool the pearl barley. We are going to use this barley for making our salad.
- Next, we are adding some chopped cucumbers to give our salad that nice crunch Alongside, pomegranate seeds, toasted walnuts, some chopped onions for that added crunch In goes, a dash of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar Balsamic Vinegar is optional here, If you don’t wish to add vinegar you can increase the amount of lemon juice.
- Next, in goes some pepper powder, some salt, thick sweetened mango puree A dash of olive oil, And we are going to keep this aside! Here, I have an orange we are going to peel this orange we’ll add these segments to the salad cut it into segments we’ll add these segments to the salad.
- Now, gently toss the salad using lift and fold method Always, towards the end, we are going to add some green leaves just break them gently, toss it! Now is the time to plate it.
- Always, add the salad to the center of the dish Look at all that lovely juicy salad And these different colors where each color has a different nutrition value and taste I’ve some cherry tomatoes, which I am going to use to garnish at the end.
- And.. our Quick Barley Salad is done!
If You Like this ‘Barley Salad Recipe‘ Please follow my Food Blog.