Banana Bread Recipe – Moist Sweet Bread
Food Recipe Shop
Banana bread recipe. This sweet bread is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy, sweet raisins and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar (or use 1 scant cup of honey)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raisins
Banana Bread Recipe
- Start with 1/2 a cup of unsalted softened butter. Place that in a large mixing bowl and add 3/4 cup of sugar. Cream those together on medium-high speed.
- In a second medium mixing bowl mash together 3 ripe bananas. Coarsely mash them up until you reach the consistency of baby food and there’s no need for perfection here.
- Add the mashed bananas to the rest of your batter, along with two large room-temperature eggs and mix those together until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together one and a half cups of flour, a tsp of baking soda and half a tsp of salt. Add those to the creamed mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in 1/2 a tsp of real vanilla extract and last but not least, add half a cup of raisins and one cup of coarsely chopped, toasted walnuts. Using a spatula, fold those together just until combined.
- Use a little pat of butter to grease the sides and bottom of a loaf pan then dust with flour.This will help keep the banana bread from sticking to the pan.
- Shake out any excess flour then transfer all of your banana bread batter into your prepared pan, lightly smooth out the top and bake in a preheated oven at 350˚F for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Once it’s out of the oven, let it rest in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool to room temperature and than slice this up.